Keep Going, and be Honest

"The Strength you show in your current challenge will someday be the railing on which your beloveds steady themselves. 
The Strength you demonstrate today could be what saves them on their darkest day."
 - Rachel Stafford
I like this quote because it is helping me shift my focus. I agree that it is important we give the details about our lives to our loved ones: Our parents, our siblings, our friends, and even our children. It is ok to lean on them and to ask for their help and support.
I use to believe that it is important to never show weakness. I never knew I had a pride issue, but I know that is what it must be. I still struggle every day to ask for help, even on my worst days.
I also use to believe that it is important to hide my weakness and my challenges from my children. But I believe there is a better lesson to be learned and to share in some challenges and growth.
I am human.
I am weak.
Things are hard.
Things take time.
We all need to learn to face the hard things  with patients, and maybe with some help along the way. But most importantly we can get through to the other side having learned something or gained some connection along the way.
When we allow our loved ones to see us struggle through our challenges, we are allowing them to lend a helping hand when we are not strong. Also we are allowing them to witness our choice to keep standing when things are hard.  Most of all we open the door to the wonderful world of deeper friendships, love, and trust. With this trust everyone has the opportunity to learn and love along the way. This is a journey to be shared.

Comments

Popular Posts