Luke is 8 Months Old


Luke sure is growing fast, it's crazy! 
It's actually quite crazy that James and I are nearing the time when we need to start discussing and praying about plans for our next child. 
• Food- Luke has started trying baby food and some table foods. He sure likes to feed himself. I started feeding him Gerber peach puffs and melt-a-ways, but they are pretty pricey. He likes plain cheerios just the same so I think we will stick with those. When we go out to dinner Luke loves to eat the bread. He has started to even recognize the bread as soon as it is placed on the table. And he knows just how to get some of that bread in his hand-my funny little screamer.  
• Teeth?- Poor little Luke got an ear ache and needed to go to the doctor, because he had a fever too. While in the waiting room, something reminded me . . . Check his gums, maybe he's teething. Maybe we don't need a really expensive doctor check up. Yep, Luke has a tooth (September 19th). Well, we are here lets get this appointment over with. Sure enough his left ear was infected, so he was put on an antibiotic and got some ear drops for pain. As much as I love to go to the doctor, I am glad we stayed for the appointment.
• Naps- Luke is a good napper. The funny thing is you have to warn Luke before you pick him up after his nap. If you don't inform him just outside of his bedroom door that you are there to get him, he gets upset. Maybe it scared him. So the secret to having a happy Luke after nap is to say, "HelllooOO" right out side of the door.

Comments

Popular Posts