James is now Self-Em•ployed
Working for oneself as a freelancer or the owner of a business rather than for an employer.
I am now I asking myself . . . Do I really like roller coasters? Honestly I am a huge fan of roller coasters.
I am now I asking myself . . . Do I really like roller coasters? Honestly I am a huge fan of roller coasters.
When I first get on a roller coaster I feel very excited and anxious to get going. As I approach the top, my heart starts pounding so vigorously that I forget to breath. At the very top I am reminded to take my last breath. Then the drop comes, and my stomach follows it; I get that light fluttery feeling. Especially when I'm on the loops, I gather the courage throw my arms up in the air and I am smiling and laughing, and I usually don't even know that I'm doing it. Then the slow down comes just in time, before I ask myself "when will this stop". As I sit in my chair waiting for my seat belt to release I gather all my feelings and decide that was fun because, that's something you don't get to feel everyday.
James has worked really hard and has been very driven to be self employed.
The trick is . . . "Don't be satisfied with anything else."
This journey towards being self employed really hasn't been bad. While we were in college James was trying to start his first business Big Daddy Garage. There were ups and downs, new ideas, old ideas, no ideas, lot's of drive, sometimes not a whole lot of direction, and a few business failures.
March of 2008 we got pregnant. Life seemed to get a little more serious and we needed a plan.
James decided it was time to get a job and "work for the Man". After a few opportunities to "work for the man" (Overstock.com $30,000, then ClearLink/Local Results @ $60,000), James had a break through.
He was not satisfied with his situation at work and he was starting to feel pretty stressed out about it. So he broke the mold. Here's how the fire really started. We were invited on a little trip to Lake Powell in 2009 for a little entrepreneur trip, with Greg and friends. That was all that was needed to push James over the edge. We discussed our situation and our hopes for the future. Not too long after that trip . . . James took the plunge, and I was ok with it.


Comments
Post a Comment