Pure Joy

To savor the moment, what does that mean to you? For Sam today this is what it meant. . .
Sam loves smarties! I usually give him 1-3 smarties, but I never give him a full package. Today Sam got 3 smarties because it was a hard day. Sam experience his first "face plant". He was trying to get down from a tall bench when he ended on his tip toes and fell forward. SMACK! Right on his little nose. The poor little guy, he has a cherry red nose from scratches and a black and blue line across the bridge of his nose. Sooooo Sad!
It's a good thing I had a pack of smarties in the car, because lots of loves and cuddles wasn't enough to soothe Sam this time. The 1st smarty helped Sam stop crying, the 2nd smarty was for pure enjoyment, and the 3rd smarty was because I could not deny him this joy. 
Ten minutes later I was suprised to see that Sam was still holding his 3rd smarty. I carried on like normal and laid Sam down for his nap. 1 hour later I was surprised to see that Sam was still holding his 3rd smarty. It was a bit smaller, it had been nibbled on but it was still there!

Comments

  1. :) That's so cute that he held on to his smartie. But so sad that he hurt his nose, poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts